Spin Monsters is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Spin Monsters. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
'We' or 'us' means Spin Monsters, a limited company registered in the United Kingdom. If you wish to contact us, please visit our contact page.
By contacting us, using our services, or visiting our website (our 'site' (www.spinmonsters.co.uk)), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise and we agree in writing to a variation of the Policy.
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to both Service Users and www.spinmonsters.co.uk Web Users except as otherwise stated for interpretation, the following words have the following meanings:
• Web Users anyone visiting our site.
• Service Users any recipient of our services, whether it be directly provided by us or indirectly through a third party associate.
• Services any assistance we provide to you, including but not limited to; programming; advice and information etc.
The information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer, financial information. In conjuction with GDPR, all our newsletters are 'opt in' only, we do not automatically opt in individuals.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect the following information for Web Users and Service Users:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. This information is generic and not specifically linked to any individuals to comply with GDPR practices.
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. This information is generic and not specifically linked to any individuals to comply with GDPR practices.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Information we receive from other sources
For Web Users and Service Users - We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. The information we receive from these third parties will be information that they have collected from you.
For Service Users only - We may receive information about you from third parties. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information:
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Cookies and how we use them
Spin Monsters asks for permission to puts small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
In summary, cookies are used to:
• measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• remember the notifications you've seen so that we don't show them to you again
• remember you while you're changing your email subscriptions or request a lost password
• store products/services into a shopping basket
You can disable cookies from inside your browser settings.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the www.spinmonsters.co.uk website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
• the pages you visit on www.spinmonsters.co.uk
• how long you spend on each web page
• how you got to the site
• what you click on while you're visiting the site
We don't collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can't be used to identify who you are.
We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Some pages may feature a live web chat to help assist you with content and services. This facility sets a cookie.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site (www.spinmonsters.co.uk), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Does Spin Monsters share my Personal information or user content?
Spin Monsters is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
• We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf, including in connection with errors analysis (also called 'error dumping') and correction.
• We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
• For Service Users only - our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679 and Data Protection Act 2018); and
• For Web Users only - analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• For Service Users only - to provide our Services.
Anonymous disclosure of information
We may share information in fully anonymised form with the following:
• Google Limited;
• PPC Stars Limited;
• Microsoft Limited;
Please rest assured this type of sharing of data will only be in anonymised format in order to help tailor the best products and services to our customers and you will not be identifiable from the collated data we disclose.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. (An explicit 'opt in' action is required for this).
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via our email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes (in line with GDPR) or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
• Right to Access - to access all the data we hold about you;
• Right to Erasure - that we erase all data we hold about you, if the data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent as above.
• Right to Data Portability - to easily copy or transfer the data we hold about you from us to another service provider.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary.
For Service Users only - If you are a user of our services (vehicle sales customer, vehicle parts or accessories, warranty registrations), then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes and then archived within 12 months of the date you stop using our services.
You have the right to withdraw consent to your data at any time, where relevant. Simply contact Spin Monsters via email or via our contact form).
You reserve the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you feel Spin Monsters are in breach of any data laws.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|